Reports to: Read Fort Worth Executive Director
Application: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Date: February 20, 2019
READ FORT WORTH OVERVIEW:
The Mayor, the Superintendent, business and community leaders in Fort Worth created the Read Fort Worth partnership to focus on dramatically improving early childhood results by connecting and supporting existing initiatives, programs and providers through data, communications, and facilitation using collective impact strategies. The partnership began with a tight focus on the Fort Worth school district and its 34,000 students in pre-K through third grade while laying a foundation for an effort that can grow to serve and partner with organizations across the region and across sectors. The partnership aims to improve student outcomes through: engaging and empowering leaders, using actionable data and continuous improvement, aligning resources to what works, pursuing local and institutional policy change, and advocating for equity at all levels of the system.
The Data Manager is a member of the Read Fort Worth backbone staff and will work alongside the Collaborative Action Managers (CAMs) to support the collective impact work across Collaborative Action Networks (CANs). The Data Manager will be responsible for managing the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and dissemination of data to support Read Fort Worth activities in improving student outcomes. In addition, they will facilitate results-orientated data meetings with cross-sector partners, project manage the CAN’s data action plans, assisting the CAMs in providing CAN members the appropriate data support to fulfill their roles, and along with the ED and Executive Council, implement a shared vision for the CAN’s role in the overall success of 100×25. In addition, they are responsible for meeting Read Fort Worth’s systemic improvement goals, working with staff and partner organizations to leverage community expertise and energy, as well as continuous improvement tools and methodologies.
- Assist in defining and carrying out data strategy for Read Fort Worth, including the data needed for the annual report.
- Plan and execute data analysis and research leading to actionable insights.
- Create and communicate compelling charts and presentations that move team members and external stakeholders to data-driven decisions.
- Build strong working relationships with the collaborative action network members based on trust and mutual respect to help drive a common agenda among for the network.
- Responsible for providing data to the CANs to develop and test action plans aligned to outcomes on our shared roadmap.
- Work alongside partners, providing technical expertise as appropriate and increase their data capacity, as they engage in strategic efforts to measure progress, ensure data informs the work, align community action and rally resources to drive the work forward.
- Think strategically through the lens of equity and inclusion to identify barriers and prompt opportunities for students in the Read Fort Worth geography.
- Be an excellent listener with a keen ability to hear numerous perspectives, aggregate information, and summarize common themes from these various perspectives.
- Provides visionary, adaptive leadership, modeling Read Fort Worth’s guiding values at all times and fostering a culture that reflects them;
- Fosters an environment that embraces and appreciates diversity across the partnership;
- Provides direction and support to partner organizations in aligning their work to the Common Agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals);
- Maintains understanding of current implementation challenges and develops comprehensive solutions to address them;
- Works alongside the Executive Director and community to identify opportunities to advocate for solutions to advance the goals of the CANs and partnership;
- Establishes, facilitates, and executes effective and open communication with network partners and across the partnership;
- Communicates clearly and articulately in speaking as well as writing and is timely in all communication responses;
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and Communications Consultant to provide input and execute the Read Fort Worth communications plan;
Interaction with Others
- Builds Read Fort Worth’s identity as a respected, neutral convener among a broad spectrum of local stakeholders, possessing the ability to coalesce diverse groups of stakeholders;
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect;
- Effectively deals with difficult conversations or situations when they arise;
- Coordinates with other projects and coalitions in the same field to maintain a full understanding of the current landscape of local and regional activities, and seek alignment;
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight, managing own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals;
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities;
- Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, or equivalent degree. In-depth experience in lieu of a degree may be considered;
- At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years of working in a fast-paced and high-growth non-profit, social enterprise, or business start-up environment;
- Extensive experience in Excel as well as VBA, SQL, or C# as necessary;
- Proficiency in database design or programming experience preferred;
- Strong data acumen and ability to oversee complex shared-measurement systems;
- Familiarity with the local area and/ or focus of the initiative (e.g. collective impact, education);
- Advanced strategy and planning skills, including an ability to think strategically on both organizational and systemic levels over multi-year horizons;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences is a plus;
- Experience with complex project management and stakeholder management;
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves” and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the work;
This job description does not list every job responsibility and the Data Manager may be asked to perform other essential functions as necessary.
This is a full-time position that offers a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to be on a team focused on preparing all students for success.